The SENS Campership Program will enable more than 1,600 children and youth, aged 4 to 17, from 36 communities in eastern Ontario and 10 communities in western Quebec to attend camp this summer over a 5 to 12 day session.
In November 2015 the Ottawa Senators Foundation issued a call for proposals inviting charitable organizations with a mission of summer camp delivery to apply for grants to provide children and youth from low-income families recreational and skill development opportunities at summer camp sessions underwritten by the Ottawa Senators Foundation. Camps with a strong history of delivering camp programs resulting in campers increased self-confidence, personal development, physical activity, nutritional awareness and teamwork, leadership and fair play skills were awarded grants.
The 2016 SENS CAMPERSHIPS program partners include:
- Banff Avenue Community House and Blair Court Community House (day camp)
- Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa & Camp Smitty (residential camp)
- Camp Misquah (residential camp)
- Christie Lake Kids & Christie Lake Camp (residential camp)
- City of Ottawa City Champions’ Camp (day camp)
- City of Ottawa Youth Sports Camp (day camp)
- City of Ottawa Sens Brookies Camp (day camp)
- Camp des Voyageurs Tim Horton in Quyon, Quebec (residential camp)
- YMCA of Brockville (day camp)
- YMCA of Kingston (day camp)
- Smiths Falls Summer Fun Camp at Gerry Lowe SENS RINK
- Ottawa Children’s Treatment Centre Recreation Therapy Summer Camp (day camp)